Thursday, April 28, 2011

We Have a Winner on the Special-Query Stamp Contest!!


Hey y’all! Let me say first that I had SOOO much fun with this contest. At times, when I was reading your pages, I thought I was reading a book for free. How awesome is that?

It was hard to choose a winner. And it was sort of like this:
Monica B.W. enters a room full of gorgeous guys. She can’t believe how beautiful they are. But in the end, despite that they are all hot, only one guy winks at her and wins her heart. (Okay, Hubby, if you’re reading this, understand that this is only a metaphor! You know, the guys being the manuscripts?)

So, as I was saying, one of the entries won my heart.  And it was…


*drum roll*















THE SUNDERED!
By Ruthanne Reid.

Her pitch: A world that hates you is pretty bad; survival based on slavery is worse; but nothing tops having to choose between the survival of someone else’s species or your own.

Congrats, Ruthanne!
Please email me (loveya.blogspotATgmail.com) so I can give you further instructions about how to send your stamped query.

BUT. That’s NOT all, my friends! Remember how Monica entered a room full of handsome guys? Well, there were some that were really hot! And she just couldn’t let them walk away empty handed. 

So I emailed the participating agents with a list of the pitches I liked more. And they picked some of these titles because they wanted to read more.  Not everyone got picked.  And some entries got more interest than the others, so I’ll just paste the list of the people who got something out of this contest.  But I’m not posting who got what.  Please email me (loveya.blogspotATgmail.com) and I'll explain what you got and from which agent (s). I might take a little while to answer because I'm having internet problems, but that does NOT mean I forgot about you!

So an applause to:

Elizabeth Reinhardt
Sarah Enni
Christa Desir
Shallee McArthur
Katy Upperman
Heather McCorkle
Jenn Nguyen

For the people who couldn’t participate because were still polishing their mss: there will be another contest with one agent in a couple of months, so stay tuned!

Thanks to all the participants!
<3
Monica

37 comments:

  1. Awesome sauce!!! Congrats Ruthanne! And I love that my manuscript was hot enough to get your attention. He's dark and edgy so not for everyone but if you love bad boys...wait, I'm taking this metaphor too far, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I'm on that list! Congratulations to Ruthanne and everyone! Thank you so much Monica for hosting this amazing contest. I'm running off to check my email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners and thanks for taking so much of your time to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. Congrats to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to everyone on the list. Here's hoping this open door leads to bigger and better things down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, guys! Good luck with your queries :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Ruthanne... given the number of hot ladies (yeah, I'm adapting), very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to everyone! And thank you for running this, Monica. It was awesome seeing all the talent and getting to read the blurbs. Great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Ruthanne! And to everyone who got something good out of the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Ruthanne!! And thank you again so much for holding this contest Monica! I know it's not easy hanging out with a bunch of hot guys. I mean manuscripts.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monica, thanks so much for doing this! Congrats to everyone, Ruthanne especially!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and good luck to the winners....and more luck to the losers in finding their agents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you going to post the winner's submission??? Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing contest! Congrats to Ruthanne and the others! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for such a great contest Moni :) Congrats to Ruthanne and co.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, Ruthanne - love the title. This was a very cool contest Monica - and I'm sure a lot of work. Hats off to you. Now more about that room of handsome guys...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Ruthanne! And congratulations to all the surprise winners as well!

    Thanks for hosting the contest, Monica. Sounds like it was a massive success!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Christa! ROTFL! I love that you love metaphors too!

    Heather! YAY! :D

    Lori, Stephsco, Josin, Steph, Erica and Christy, Caitlin, Jenny, Kimberly, Kimmy, Caitpeterson, Linda, Elizabeth, and Lizzie: thanks for stopping by! <3

    Hey Brian, no problem! As I said, I had lots of fun!

    Bane of Anubis, YAY for adaptation! LOL

    Leslie and Sarah, hey! I could invite you guys to this room. You know, so there would be more girls in here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Krista!
    Hi, and thanks for stopping by. I say it was a success because I had so much FUN!! :D
    Good luck with those revisions, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. EEE! Thank you! Thank you so much! I will now float over to gmail and contact you, assuming I can reach the keyboard, as I am levitating from happiness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to the winners. And thank you so much for hosting this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Kimberly, so I just pasted the pitch, as you said :D

    Ruthanne!! Hi! YAY for you! :D I really enjoyed reading your pages, so thanks for sharing them!

    FrapoBlue! *waves* Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to the winner(s)!

    Cute drummer baby. ;)

    You are so awesome for doing this, Monica. What a great contest.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to Ruthanne! This was a fun contest, Monica. I enjoyed reading the entries and appreciated the opportunity to participate. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What's cool is that know some of those people on that list and they're totally deserving!!
    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay! Congrats to Ruthanne and everyone on the list! Thanks so much for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. YAY!! Congrats to all the winners. You're so super awesome for setting up this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Kasie! Finally! Someone who said that the drummer was cute! LOL. I'd thought I was the only one who though that :P

    Mary! Thanks so much for participating and for stopping by. And I'm glad you had a great time :D

    Jolene, YAY! I'm always happy to know people who win stuff! :D

    Shallee! Thank YOU for participating :D

    Lisa, thanks! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay for Ruthanne!!!! And what a stellar list of writers. Monica, you are the BEST for hosting this contest. I'm sure it was a heck of a lot of work, but wow, it's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woo hoo, I'm one of those writers still polishing her ms. :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Julie, yep, it was a lot of work, but it's good I love doing those type of things! ;)

    Stina, YAY! So I'll be seeing you around! <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great contest! I'll have to put the shine on mine and join in in a couple of months:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great contest, I look forward to the next one. It will give me motivation to get through this middle section.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Deana and Patti! YAY! I hope to see you on my next contest! :D

    ReplyDelete